When the right person just isn't for you

by - May 31, 2017


Well, here goes nothing and my kettle is boiling. I've had the need to say this for a while and because the amount of people in this situation has increased, I figured it was the time to finally let all my thoughts out.

This year, I have counted beyond my ten fingers of the many people or shall I say, "lucky-no-longer-forever-alone" couples. There is nothing wrong with that, in fact, I think that love has been in the air for quite some while. However, to state the obvious on what has been on my mind is this: is it love or is it temporary love or is it love, even if at all?

See. The thing is, you can be so completely in love with someone, and still know they are not the right person for you. Just because you have love someone, does not mean it's the type of relationship you necessarily need, and the sooner you listen to what your head/heart/gut is telling you and end it, the sooner you can start to heal; the more time passes, the more trapped you will feel because of the longevity of the relationship itself. It can become a really toxic thing. 

Aside from all of this, I don't want to seem like I am a Negative Nancy. I wrote this for the soulful purpose. Sometimes you make difficult choices that hurt others. But you make them because they are the right choices and they get hurt because you were damn strong enough to do what they never expected of you to do. And sometimes that hurt is mixed with a little bit of pride and a little bit of happy as well. It's okay to walk away from a relationship that does not help you grow and mature as a person and don't let anyone make you feel guilty, or miserable, because you ended a relationship you knew wasn't going to work.

Bear in mind that you are, potentially, worth more than that. So, go make that right choice.

"You might have loved and lost once, but that does not mean you cannot love another."
Image via Flickr

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. tak pe jek kalau jumpa orang yang salah.. tu pun sesi pembelajaran tu.. hee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really loves the way you write.. it's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuppp... i agree..

    psssttt... terima kasih sudi join Segmen Nak URL Blog #30.

    Blog ini tersenarai di http://www.mialiana.com/2017/05/senarai-url-blog-30.html

    Keputusan pemenang akan diumumkan pada hari ini. Gud luck.

    - Mia Liana

    ReplyDelete
  4. banyakkan bersabar dan berdoa ye awak..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, jangan salah faham. It's not about me, but other people who are struggling to leave but they cannot.

      Delete
  5. You made me rethink about the people I love but I knew I can't made them my lifelong partner. Not in the sense of couple only but friendship too. I can say I love some people but to spend forever with them might not always be a good idea. Nonetheless, I do still believe that if we love strong enough, ways to uncover all hardship will surely unveiled.

    // afifahaddnan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmph. I literally don't know how to end it. I tried but um, Idk. Nvmind. Keep smiling XD
    I love your words btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to get not the wrong person this time. Who will she be?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. this is soo true. love the quote "You might have loved and lost once, but that does not mean you cannot love another." the hardest decisions you can make is to walk away, but one day you figure out that its the best decision you've made. Because yes, you are worth more than that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadie,
      I need something not always to walk away from. l'll walk away only from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided, dead-end low vibrational relationship or friendship.

      Delete

Home