Momtastic: I am a c-section mother!

by - May 09, 2017


For those of you that read my posts, you may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while! Alhamdulillah, I was pregnant with a boy on 25th of March, 2017. I was extremely lucky in the circumstances. My baby was planned and dearly wanted. Honestly, being a mom is awesome!

So, these past few months have been hectic. Between the start of the pregnancy appointments, chasing after our very active and playful kitty, and my pregnancy exhaustion, I haven't gotten a whole lot done outside of work. My house is a mess, I haven't been able to blog much, I feel like I've hardly connected with my husband, and I haven't talked to my family. I went to bed most nights by 9 AM and had no motivation to use my weekends for anything other than rest. I didn't have any sickness, or even a hint of nausea. Everyone was really surprised that I dodged the bullet, hah!

But alhamdulillah, I had (have) a beyond-supportive husband who cleaned up everything, and retained his good humour even when the only conversation I would have with him for days at a time was him to do laundry and buy us food. I had a wonderful workplace that bend over backwards to make sure I was as comfortable as possible, but they didn't allow me to leave early though :(

Anyways, as the title said, I didn't give birth vaginally. He was born via emergency c-section due to footling breech in labor. At 10:07 pm on Sunday night, our first baby boy entered the world. My body was nauseated and shaking so badly from the labor plus the recent c-section meds, that I wasn't even capable of holding my new baby. Because I had just had major abdominal surgery, my epidural had worn off, and I had compression devices to prevent post-surgery blood clots... I basically couldn't move. And because of my c-section, I could barely sit up in my bed, let alone get up to look at or hold my baby. Apparently that's fairly common with c-section deliveries. Finally, after what felt like forever (less than 24 hours), I held my baby in my arms for the first time. He was warm, squishy, snuggly and amazing. However, over the course of the next 24 hours, I discovered that I was pretty much useless when it came to baby care. 

Sometimes I felt like my body had failed me. Like I was a failure. I worked hard to have a healthy pregnancy and set myself up for a beautiful birth. I did everything right, but things didn't go the way I planned. I took a path that I didn't want to take - it was not easy. It took me bravery to undergo a major surgery for the sake of our baby. I took a path that meant more pain, more courage, and more recovery. But if I had to do section again, I would in a heartbeat because it is sacrificial. I will always carry the scar. It's my battle wound which I will always remember my story and those memories will always be inscribed in my heart. 

If you're a mama who has had c-section, or you know you will have a c-section for an upcoming birth, let me tell you something... YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!

And to my husband, thank you for being a part of the parenthood tribe. Thank you for your deep sacrifice for your wife and our little munchkin. I love you so much  It has truly been such a wonderful journey for both of us.
Image via Google

You May Also Like

30 comments

  1. giving birth kot..ayat pregnant tu kan?
    Saya pun c-zer jugak dulu, 3 thun lepas. suspek baby berak dalam perut.
    3 hari baby kena tahan dalam nursery on antibiotik. tangan kecik dia kena cucuk jarum T_T. nak pegang baby kena pergi nursery, agak susah sebab dengan x larat baru lepas pembedahan. hari pertama tak dapat tengok baby sendiri, sebab muntah tengah jalan..huhu..kesan bius.. 3 hari mmg tak dapat peluk baby..huhu..
    pengalaman semua tu..next due saya bulan 7 ni..doakan ye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rasa sedihkan bila doktor atau jururawat cucuk jarum pada tangan bayi kita? Dapat pulak bila dorang tak dapat masukkan jarum dalam vein, ya Allah... bekas cucuk jarum pada tangan anak saya pon masih terkesan lagi.

      Delete
  2. Alhamdulillah tahniah...apa pun bersalin secara normal atau c-section kedua duanya satu nikmat luar biasa..asal kedua-dua ibu dan anak selamat itu memadai..syukur..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care sis and congrats ! Happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdullilah dan tahniah awak. Apa pun, bersalin secara normal atau Czer.. tak kisah. Pregnant satu nikmat yang besar untuk wanita drpd Allah. Take care awak <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alhamdulillah and congrats. Yang penting ibu dan bayi selamat ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. alhamdulilah nisa..congratulation!i try cari butang follow dalam blog ni..tapi tak jumpa,i rasa blog u awesome,walaupun i rasa u jarang menaip ,ebab last entry last year,and this entry ,im enjoy reading,and of course ur writing in english,can improve my english too!btw,keep on writing ya,cause i become your loyal readers after this..

    when no butang follow i nampak,i just follow ur fb!..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, just added Google+ Circle for those yang nak follow Nisa. I even created Panphila's page in Facebook, just in case they want to know the updates! :D

      Haish, I'm still learning juga, Irda. Jom belajar sama-sama :D

      Delete
  7. alhamdulillah... selamat semuanya. semoga anak membesar dengan sihat dan jadi anak yang soleh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameen ameen ya Rabb. Terima kasih, Aisya.

      Delete
  8. alhamdulillah
    x kisah macam mana kelahiran yang penting dua2 selamat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Terima kasih. Yay, alhamdulilah... bertigalah kami nanti, inshaAllah.

      Delete
  10. congrats yaa . sy pun czer 1 tahun 10 bulan yg lepas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih, Sha. Mungkin kita ada pengalaman yang sama selepas operation >.<

      Delete
  11. Allahuakbar.. nikmatnya suami bila dapat tahu isterinya pregnant. Isteri suka suami lagi la..kadang xdpt diganbarkan. so, tahniah ibu2 yg dah lalui saat ini dan Tahnih juga buat Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul tu. My husband was so excited, menitis juga matanya. Told him a sec I got the result, dalam kereta pula tu. Alhamdulillah, everything went well... takut dia tak dapat tumpukan perhatian ketika memandu je, haha.

      And thank you so much for the wish, Nazlee.

      Delete
  12. Alhamdulillah.. semua selamat.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, terima kasih Lea.

      Delete
  13. ibu yang lahirkan anak melalui pembedahan sekalipun tetap digelar ibu...tahniah buat semua ibu ibu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever it is, Alhamdulillah. Everything is over by now ^_^

    Akak pun sama. Emergency C-section for my second boy as he didn't want to come out! I didn't call myself a failure because I lagi takut vaginal birth actually. Banyak sangat baca 'horror' stories about it ^_^

    But like I said in the previous comment, both were memorable experience and can't recall any scary part of it; either for vaginal birth or C-section. Too much epidural maybelah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tahniah kerana telah menjadi ibu.. Opearte atau normal, kedua duanya istimewa..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too! and I had it for 2 times already. Next pregnancy will be auto-czer.

    ReplyDelete

Home